We have the sincere pleasure of working with the National Processed Raspberry Council, an organization that represents raspberry growers and importers from North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
As two dietitians that love talking about food from both a health standpoint and a taste standpoint (hey, we love good food!), raspberries are easy to talk about.
They pack in a serious amount of fiber per serving – 9 grams per 1 cup to be exact, or about one-third of your daily fiber needs. And while fiber certainly has gained some clout in the world of health professionals for its digestive benefits, scientific research is now booming on fiber’s ability to boost immune health and reduce risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and certain cancers. You can learn more about the health benefits of fiber here. On top of that, raspberries are also an excellent source of vitamin C and supply our bodies with anthocyanins, powerful health-promoting pigments which boast anti-inflammatory properties and are linked with a long list of health benefits such as cancer protection.
Aside from their health properties, raspberries are simply delicious! Their sweet and tart taste is reminiscent of summer fun, can conjure up happy childhood memories, and is perfectly paired with chocolate, cream, oats, pancakes, and even pumpkin! That’s why we’re so excited to announce that the National Processed Raspberry Council is launching a recipe contest this month.
All you have to do is submit a recipe of a frozen raspberry-inspired appetizer, salad, entree, dessert, and beverage between October 15 – November 15, 2014 for your chance to add a wonderful raspberry-red addition to your kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll be eligible to win!
One 1st prize winner will receive: A raspberry-red Kitchen Aid counter mixer
Three 2nd prize winners will receive: A raspberry-red Kitchen Aid hand mixer
Five 3rd prize winners will receive: A raspberry-red Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware 8 “ Square Dish
Recipe Contest Guidelines
· Recipes may be sweet or savory, including breakfast, snacks, beverages, appetizers, side dishes, salads, soups, entrees or desserts.
· All recipes must use a minimum of 1 cup of frozen raspberries.
· Recipes must contain no more than 10 ingredients.
· All recipes must be original.
· You may submit more than one recipe.
· Please submit one picture with your recipe.
· All recipes and photos must not feature any specific brand of raspberries.
· Recipes will be judged on use of frozen raspberries, taste, appearance, creativity, and consumer-friendliness.
· All recipes fitting the above criteria will be featured on the www.razzrecipes.com website, crediting the creator of the recipe.
· Three winners will be chosen among all the submissions. Winners will be notified by December 15, 2014.
· Recipes should be submitted on-line at www.razzrecipes.com between October 15 and November 15, 2014.
For some raspberry inspiration, check out some of our raspberry recipes including: