Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mint Raspberry Smoothie

When you live in Los Angeles, you spend a lot of time talking about the traffic. This SNL skit of The Californians hits a little too close to home (it’s also hilarious, so I highly recommend you watch it.) While I'm not really one to experience road rage – which I accredit to the fact that I don’t spend too much time driving – being late can make me feel anxious. And the 405 freeway aka. the 405 parking lot, has the ability to make me late. That’s why I like to give myself extra cushion time when I have a morning commute.




In the past, an egg sandwich, overnight oats, or peanut butter toast were my typical on-the-go breakfasts, but more recently, I’ve been packing this Mint Raspberry Smoothie. It's not only super satisfying, it also feels like I’m spoiling myself on the mornings I make it. I love the sweet flavor from the raspberries, the hint of mint, and the creamy, thick texture.

Here’s the recipe:


Mint Raspberry Smoothie



1 cup soy milk
½ cup heaping scoop of reduced fat cottage cheese 
1 cup frozen raspberries
3 mint leaves
2 teaspoons maple syrup

Blend.

Disclosure: While we are the consulting dietitians for the National Processed Red Raspberry Council and, we're sharing this recipe simply because we love it!

If you like this recipe, you may also want to take a peek at these recipes for:

A Triple Berry Smoothie


































No comments:

Post a Comment