A lot of people seem to be in summertime mode this week. I love seeing individuals, couples, and families in my local community taking longer lunch breaks, more afternoon dips in my community pool, and leisurely strolls after dinner. There’s something to be said about doing nothing except simply enjoying the moment.
These raspberry & oat bars will make for a nice treat to take to the pool later today for sharing with my neighbors.
Happy sweet summertime, everyone.
Raspberry & Oat Bars
1 cup almond meal
1 cup rolled oats
1 mashed avocado
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup raspberries (slightly blended)
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine almond meal, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, mash an avocado. Stir into flour mix.
4. Coat a small baking pan with oil. Press half of the mixture down onto the bottom of the pan.
5. Top with raspberries and walnuts.
6. Spread the other half of the mixture on top of the raspberries.
7. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
8. Cut into desired size bars.
Enjoy, preferably with those you love!