Monday, January 5, 2015

Ginger Cran-Orange Prosecco

I had a lot of epiphanies in 2014. Like discovering that while I love billowy, bohemian-style blouses, they just don’t look that good on me. And I realized that as much as I’m comfortable spending time alone, I’m an extrovert at my core. So, while it's no surprise that I completely adore writing, blogging, recipe testing, and slowing strengthening my photography muscle, some days, I  wish I had the opportunity to rub elbows with my colleagues in person more often.

Celebrate any day of the week with this Ginger Cran-Orange Prosecco: a flavorful, colorful & bubbly cocktail!


And then I remind myself to count my blessings.

Because this world of blogging has brought together a community Lisa and I feel privileged to be a part of. Trailblazers,  like Regan Jones, have helped us feel like part of team, or a ‘Healthy Food Lovers Task Force,’ to contribute to the common good that Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and cauliflower deserve the same spotlight as double chocolate brownies.  And even though we’re miles away and stretched out on other sides of the country, the inspiring recipes from Healthy Aperture and Recipe ReDux, and the interactions with the Blog Brulee community give this little spirit of mine the motivation, strength, and support I need to continually build the life I love.



So, at the start of 2015 and in honor of Regan’s birthday, let’s cheers to the individuals – who whether they know it or not – have made a positive difference in your life. Happy birthday, Regan! Thank you for all you’ve done and continue to do for the world of healthy food loving bloggers. I’ll be sipping on this bubbly glass of Ginger Cran-Orange Prosecco for your birthday on the West coast whether it’s 5 o’clock or not!


Ginger Cran-Orange Prosecco

Everyday deserves to be celebrated – including Mondays -- so for a special after-work treat, pour yourself a glass of this flavorful cocktail. It’s like sparkles in your mouth.

Celebrate any day of the week with this Ginger Cran-Orange Prosecco: a flavorful, colorful & bubbly cocktail!


Makes 1 cocktail

Ingredients:
2 squares of crystallized ginger
½ ounce Cointreau (or other orange flavored liqueur) 
1 ounces 100 % cranberry juice
4 ounces


Instructions:
1.     Place crystallized ginger and Cointreau into measuring glass (or small glass/bowl). Allow to steep for several minutes gently "muddling" ginger to release flavor.
2.     Pour ginger and Cointrau into bottom of champagne glass - or skewer ginger onto swizzle stick.
3.     Pour cranberry juice into glass.
4.     Top glass with Prosecco.


Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. Like the combo of flavors in this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better way to ease back into work than a Monday with Prosecco... that's my motto.

    Although, I may adopt this one instead: "‘Healthy Food Lovers Task Force,’ to contribute to the common good that Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and cauliflower deserve the same spotlight as double chocolate brownies."

    Y'all. That. Is. It. That's the goal. The mission. The reason we do what we do. I love it! And I love you for helping make this the most special birthday surprise ever. Thank you for what you do, who you are... billowy blouses or otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete