Monday, December 22, 2014

Homemade Lavender Body Scrub

In my Outlook calendar, I have my various tasks color-coded. It’s my goal each week to have a nice balance of work-related colors and play-related colors. Purple means “personal activities” like going out for dinner with friends, getting a manicure, or a even catching up on my favorite TV shows with Evan.

December has had a lot of purple activities, and it's been so nice.

This past weekend, each night was filled with some holiday orientated activity in which I wanted to take the hostess a homemade gift. While it’s no secret that I love to bake, I wanted to change it up a bit for my gifts this year. 

Lavender Body Scrub: about $5-$7 per jar to make these, which is a steal compared to store bought varieties!


Over the past few months, I’ve been paying particularly close attention to the things I put on my skin, like makeup, lotion, and cleaning products. That’s why I was inspired to make this Lavender Body Scrub.

Here’s the formula.

Lavender Body Scrub

It costs about $5-$7 per jar to make these, which is a steal compared to store bought varieties. You can experiment with any oils or fragrance you like, too!

Lavender Body Scrub: about $5-$7 per jar to make these, which is a steal compared to store bought varieties!


Makes 1 jar

Ingredients:
1 jar (I like this small one from Cost Plus World Market)
1 ½ cups of Epsom salts
3 tablespoons almond oil
3 tablespoons apricot oil (or other light, fragrance free oil)
5 drops of lavender essential oil (or another fragrance you like)

Instructions:                                                                           

Combine all ingredients in a jar. Stir until well mixed. 

Lavender Body Scrub: about $5-$7 per jar to make these, which is a steal compared to store bought varieties!

Share with those you love!

4 comments:

  1. Love these and I love that you had lots of purple activities this December :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this easy DIY! I've been wanting to purchase a nice body scrub, but seeing how easy this is, I should just make my own! I'm a huge lavender fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be such a cute gift! I'm working on finishing off some of my body butters so I can reuse the tubs to make my own scrubs! Waste not! ;]

    ReplyDelete