Sometimes Mondays need a little bit of extra love. Like pancakes. It’s funny how such a simple thing – like having pancakes for breakfast – can make your Monday so much happier.
And leftover pancakes keep great in the freezer. All you’ll have to do to prepare breakfast tomorrow is pop a pancake in the toaster to warm it up. Then, pile on your favorite toppings, such as berries and Greek yogurt or walnuts and sliced banana.
Here’s to starting each day this week, feeling special.
Honey & Granola Pancakes
1 ½ cups oat flour
1 ½ cups applesauce
1 cup milk
½ cup Nourish granola
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, salt, granola, and baking powder.
2. Pour in the wet ingredients: milk, applesauce, and oil.
3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then add to the batter.
4. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lightly oil the surface.
6. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto skillet and cook until bubble start to form. Flip the pancake and let cook until the other side is golden brown. Continue with the remaining pancakes.
Makes 10 pancakes
Enjoy, preferably with those you love.